A rare opportunity has arisen to join this growing Company in a newly created role. Joining an established HR team and reporting directly to the Group Human Resources Director, the Regional Human Resources Manager (RHRM) will provide a Human Resources function for 6 Mercedes- Benz Retail sites and Service Centres. Working alongside the other RHRM the successful applicant will have their own area of operational responsibility. The RHRM will ensure that company policies & procedures are applied and that the Company's core values are maintained to drive a positive and customer centric company culture.
Applicants must be able to work autonomously and can expect the role to be hands-on. The RHRM will be required to assist with the management of the overall HR operations and the delivery of strategic objectives. Managing and providing support to HR direct reports will also be a critical part of the role. Human resources leadership and guidance will be supplied to all managers and employees in the region with a strong emphasis on Employee Relations.
This is a generalist HR role and the duties will include managing recruitment, talent attraction & on boarding; workforce planning; managing a variety of complex employee relations issues and driving employee engagement.
The responsibilities of this position are wide and varied and we are looking to recruit a candidate who has significant talents and the confidence to operate independently in the key areas below.
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to Directors/Managers and colleagues in regard to employment matters and all people related issues.
- Assist in developing HR policies and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Support the learning and development policy and work alongside the Group Learning co-ordinator to ensure all BER and Brand requirements have been met. To support the development of all regional colleagues in conjunction with Brand Training Resources.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies and drive the recruitment for the region. Designing and drafting job adverts, confirming salary and T&Cs and identifying recruitment sources for each role within the departmental budget.
- Conduct interviews independently or as part of a panel.
- Co-ordinate and carry out new starter inductions alternating with fellow RHRM and supported by the Senior Star Expert. The induction presentation is fluid and will need to be continually reviewed and refreshed in line with changes within the Brand, the Company and the industry.
- TUPE transfers including involvement in the due diligence process, consultations, preparation of documentation and presenting at the ‘Welcome’ roadshows.
- Deputise for the HR Director in their absence attending and presenting at Senior Management meetings as required.
- Help to foster and drive employee wellbeing initiatives; promoting wellbeing and helping to create a positive working environment.
A full job description is available on request.
- The successful applicant will ideally be CIPD or part qualified or currently studying towards this Level 7 qualification.
- At least two years’ experience of managing similar issues across a multi-site business and the ability to manage own time are essential for this role.
- This role requires candidates to have a full driving licence as there is significant travel required.
A field based role it is expected that the RHRM will be based at a sites at least 2 – 3 days a week with the rest of the time based at the support offices in Poole. A company Mercedes-Benz is provided as part of the salary and benefits package.
Hours of work:
Monday – Friday: 08.30 – 17.30.
30 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays.
Managers Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Company Mercedes-Benz.