An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Service team in Farnborough as an Aftersales Administration Trainee.
The purpose of this role is to train and develop Sandown Stars to have a depth and breadth of knowledge, skills and experience through all areas of the Aftersales department. Ultimately, delivering this experience will improve customer retention and loyalty.
Main Duties will include training and development to work towards:
Service – Service Advisor
- To build an understanding and knowledge of the full range of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars, products and services
- Manage complete customer journey for a service visit, including VHC process, ensure the customer is kept informed throughout, without delay
- To validate Dealer Management System (DMS) marketing records for existing customers or create new record for new customers
- Update and correct vehicle records within DMS
- Using Dealer Management System (DMS) Workshop Loading module, schedule all work to maximise utilisation, ensuring that work is capable of completion in line with customer’s requirements offering an alternative booking if necessary
- To offer all customers (unless leased vehicle) an estimate for work booked
- To ensure that any customer mobility requirements are arranged if required and maintain appropriate schedules for courtesy cars and collection and delivery drivers
- Service Care Sales and Administration.
Parts – Parts Advisor
- Receive all parts orders, interpreting customer requirements and give advice on any additional requirements or prices, matching orders against stock items and advising customer of any items which are not stocked or need ordering
- Ensure that the image and levels of customer service within the department is in line with company standards
- Ensure that all orders for dispatch match customer order and that any shortages are highlighted, ensuring that all orders taken are fully completed, invoiced and dispatched as scheduled and that the customer is kept fully informed of progress or of any problems
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all customers to gain new and repeat business.
- Candidates must have a full driving licence
- English and Maths (Grade C and above)
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of working within processes.
Hours of work are: Monday to Friday, 08.30– 18.30 (with an unpaid 1 hours break)
Saturday 08.00 – 13.00 on a rota.