An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as an Aftersales Manager at our Newbury site. The purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth running of the Service Department on a day to day basis, to maximise sales and profit opportunities and to deliver the Mercedes-Benz experience.
The role of the Aftersales Manager is to develop and aftersales strategy for the site, focusing on capturing all available revenue streams along with the development and utilisation of human resource to achieve the business objective. A big part of this role is to ensure that Mercedes-Benz UK standards are met and legal regulations are complied with.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility achieve and maximise profit margins within their objectives/annual budget.
- Lead and motivate the After Sales team taking steps to create a professional and customer focussed environment.
- To continually review the financial situation, examining all accounts, daily and weekly operating controls and dealer composite figures along with franchise/industry KPI’s, taking corrective measures and actions as deemed necessary.
- Monitoring compliance with all statutory regulations and ensuring Mercedes-Benz quality and service standards are being met.
- Performance analysis to identify areas of weakness and appropriate, targeted marketing activity.
- Using the external analysis undertaken, carry out internal analysis to ensure business is competitive within the market place.
- Ensure Company HR policies are followed correctly.
- Ensure that area of responsibility complies with relevant legislation on consumer law, trade descriptions, FSA Regulations for insurance etc.
- Ensure that steps are taken to provide a safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation is complied with.
The ideal candidate will require: previous experience within a similar role, a high level of attention to detail, a can-do attitude and a passion for customer service.
Hours: 8:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday – 45 hours per week
A Company Car will be provided as well as a competitive salary as part of a remuneration package.