An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Service team in Basingstoke as an Aftersales Trainee.
The purpose of this role is to establish the skills and knowledge required to work across all areas of the aftersales department. You will be required to develop a unique skillset and promote interdepartmental cooperation ultimately resulting in a high performing team.
Main Duties will include training and development to work towards:
- Provide administrative support to the service department ensuring that all documentation is processed in line with company procedures.
- Assist in the creation of daily site reporting.
- Build an understanding of the Mercedes-Benz passenger cars range, products and services.
- Assist in the management of the customer journey, including VHC process, customer progress updates and invoicing.
- Validate Dealer Management System records for existing customers or create new customer records whilst following company and GDPR guidelines.
- Use Dealer Management System diary to schedule work to maximise utilisation.
- Discuss customers booking requirements and offer alternative options if required.
- Ensure that any customer mobility requirements are arranged if required and maintain appropriate schedules for courtesy cars and collection and delivery drivers.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for identified work and seek authority from the customer.
- WIP management including rebooking for parts received
- Service Care Plan Sales and Administration
- Assist the service department drivers on a flexible basis to collect and deliver customer vehicles for service and repair appointments.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Collection and Delivery of vehicles from other Sandown sites.
- Moving vehicles around the site to ensure customers can park easily.
- Locating vehicles and keys and prepare vehicles to enter the workshop to support workshop efficiency.
Parts – Parts Advisor
- Interpret customer and workshop requirements, identify the correct parts and order from our suppliers while being conscious of time requirements.
- Place all deliveries into stock ensuring that any sold items are dispatched to the appropriate customer or department and report on any shortages.
- Ensuring that all customer invoices are raised in line with customer orders and are forwarded promptly, resolving any queries which may arise
- Maintain the parts merchandising display and highlight any current promotions.
- Arrange for parts stock returns, ensuring that appropriate credit documentation is raised and actioned and that stock records are amended.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all customers to gain new and repeat business.
- Candidates must have a full driving licence
- English and Maths (Grade C and above)
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of working within processes
Hours of work are: Monday to Friday, 08.00– 18.00 (with an unpaid 1 hours break) (one day per week with an 18.30 finish on a rota basis)
Saturday 07.00 – 13.00 on a rota.