An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Service team in Farnborough as an Apprentice Technician. As an Apprentice Technician you will receive training and development in all areas and accountabilities of the Technicians role.
Main Duties will include training and development to work towards:
- Carrying out maintenance services in accordance with schedule
- Performing mechanical repairs and maintenance such as replacing worn brake or suspension components
- Learning diagnostic and repair techniques under supervision of Technician
- Tyre fitting
- Valeting of customer vehicles
- Observing, learning and undertaking a wide range of tasks while under instruction
- Demonstrating learned skills and process as training progresses
- Demonstrating an understanding of workshop systems, diagnostic equipment and special tools
- Maintaining workshop cleanliness
- Demonstrating an understanding of safe working practices
- Maintain workshop equipment reporting damage or wear.
- Friendly, with a professional personal manner and committed to providing first class customer service
- Organised and systematic approach to work
- Maths & English GCSE Level 5 plus (Grade A-C)
As an Apprentice you will attend college on a block release basis, the administration of which is handled directly by Farnborough College.
(Please note that you will be required to make your own travel arrangements to and from the college)
Hours of work are: 40 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 08.30 – 17.30 (with one hour unpaid break)