We are pleased to announce the 2022 Apprentice Technician recruitment has commenced, offering the opportunity to join our retailers from August/September 2022 to train towards full qualification as a Motor Vehicle Technician.
Opportunities are available at Basingstoke, Dorchester, Epsom, Farnborough, Guildford, Hindhead, Newbury, Poole, Poole Van Centre and Salisbury.
As an Apprentice Technician you will receive training and development in all areas and accountabilities of the Technicians role. College attendance will be in block release and candidates will be expected to travel to attend College.
Main Duties will include training and development to work towards:
- Carrying out maintenance services in accordance with schedule
- Performing mechanical repairs and maintenance such as replacing worn brake or suspension components
- Learning diagnostic and repair techniques under supervision of Technician
- Tyre fitting
- Valeting of customer vehicles
- Observing, learning and undertaking a wide range of tasks while under instruction
- Demonstrating learned skills and process as training progresses
- Demonstrating an understanding of workshop systems, diagnostic equipment and special tools
- Maintaining workshop cleanliness
- Demonstrating an understanding of safe working practices
- Maintain workshop equipment reporting damage or wear
- Friendly, with a professional personal manner and committed to working and studying towards qualifications
- Organised and systematic approach to work
- Maths & English GCSE Level 4 plus
Hours of work are:
- 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, 08.30 – 17.30 (with one hour unpaid break)