A new opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Person to join the team. This is a multi-site role, based at Mercedes Benz of Guildford/Epsom, and the main purpose of the role is to ensure both the sites are maintained to the highest standards.
- Ensure all internal areas both Front of House and Back of House are presented to the highest standards and comply with all Company and MBUK standards.
- Address all defects which do not require specialist repair.
- Arrange for bulbs and lamps to be replaced as required.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and report/repair defects as appropriate, synchronise clocks, time switches etc., as required.
- Carry out minor repairs to fixtures and fittings including desks, tables and chairs as appropriate.
- Painting, decorating and general refurbishment as and when required.
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, of designated areas to the required standard.
- Liaise with tradesman / external contractors and obtain relevant quotes to pass to the General Manager for authorisation.
- Ensure the cleanliness and general tidiness of all external hard areas is maintained in line with MBUK standards. Inspect outside fabric of the site, report/repair defects as appropriate. Inspect all fences, gates, walls, steps, lights etc.
- Ensure the site is clear of leaves, snow, ice, moss and detritus as appropriate including treatment of surfaces with salt etc.
- Inspect all outside areas for dangerous materials and have them removed.
- Regularly check both internally and externally for any potential danger to staff or visitors and report immediately.
- Check and control system functions, regularly check heating system, with due regard to appropriate safety requirements, report all defects to a qualified heating engineer / General Manager.
- Group PAT testing (full training will be provided)
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in a maintenance role is essential
- Full driving licence
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday 08.00 – 17.00 or 08:30 – 17:30
- Total hours: 40 hours per week