Mercedes-Benz of Salisbury are looking for an experienced MOT Tester. As a Mercedes-Benz MOT Tester, you will be responsible for performing a variety of service operations, defined assembly operations and maintenance repairs with the highest level of quality and efficiency. You will promote the Mercedes-Benz brand image through reliable and cost-efficient work.
The successful applicant will have considerable experience and preferably will have spent the majority of this time working for a main dealer.
- Performance of MOT Tests according to current VOSA regulations.
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, adjustments, operating fluid changes and additions, replacement of equipment as necessary under MOT Technician remit.
- Knowledge of deviations and extraordinary wear occurrences and completion of VHC reporting, feedback to customers.
- Maintain the MOT testing area to a high standard, assuring general cleanliness and making sure all equipment is operational and within calibration guidelines.
- Self-reliant performance of simple repairs under MOT Technician remit
- To carry out PDI’s/ Used Car inspections and MOT’s as required
Essential Skills Required:
- Qualified MOT Tester
- Level 3 Certification in Automotive Vehicle Servicing & Repair
- Experience of working for an automotive retailer, preferably within main dealer
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
Hours of work
- Monday – Friday 08.00 – 17.30 (30-minute unpaid lunch break and two x 15-minute unpaid tea breaks)
- 42.5 hours per week
- Saturday 08.30 -13.00 working on a rota basis will also be a requirement of the role this will be paid as overtime.
Applicants will be expected to be smartly attired as is befitting the Mercedes brand and must hold a full Driving Licence.
Highly competitive salary and bonus package for the successful candidate.
Closing date for applications: 17th June 2022