Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen to join us as a Parts Supervisor in Guildford. Overseeing the Parts Team, the Parts Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the site has the right parts mix and inventory level to meet demand for servicing, repairs and sales to third parties. By maintaining an efficient parts operation, the Parts Supervisor makes an important contribution to productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction.
The Parts Supervisor and his team are responsible for receipt of all parts orders and ensuring that they are accurately interpreted and promptly picked and despatched for retail, trade and internal / workshop customers.
- Responsible for assisting in the recruitment, supervision and development of the Parts Team. Ensuring that employees have the right level of product knowledge to provide good service to internal and external customers
- Ensure the Parts Department receive all parts orders, interpreting customer requirements and giving advice on any additional requirements or prices, matching orders against stock items and advising customer of any items which are not stocked or need ordering
- Locate unavailable items from other suppliers and arrange for delivery or pass order to stock control for Vehicle Off Road (V.O.R.) orders to be raised
- To make up customer orders for despatch as required ensuring that they match customer order and that any shortages are highlighted, ensuring that all orders taken are fully completed, invoiced and despatched as scheduled and that the customer is kept fully informed of progress or of any problems
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, referring any unresolved problems to the After Sales Manager.
- Ensure that within their area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to.
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure the Mercedes-Benz experience is delivered to all contacts at all times
Previous experience using Kerridge and experience of working in a Motor Trade Parts Department is essential preferably in a supervisory role.
Applicants will be expected to be immaculately attired as is befitting the Mercedes brand and must hold a full Driving Licence. The hours of work 08.00– 18.00 (1-hour unpaid lunch break) Monday to Friday and Saturday 08.00 – 13.00 on a rota basis will be required.