An opportunity has arisen to join us as a Service Advisor at Mercedes Benz of Basingstoke.
The Service Advisor is responsible for every aspect of a customer’s after sales experience. The main purpose of the role is to maximise workshop profitability whilst exceeding customer expectations and satisfaction.
The successful applicant will actively sell after-sales services in a customer-oriented manner, ensuring the workshop is working to full capacity by effectively scheduling customer orders.
- To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the Retailer.
- To hand over and receive back any loan vehicle according to the published procedure.
- To supervise the flow of work into the workshop and liaise workshop control to meet customer requirements.
- To ensure that repair orders are raised and processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule.
- To ensure that requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards.
- To ensure all customers vehicles are washed and vacuumed.
- To ensure that invoicing is accurate and completed on time.
- To ensure that job extensions are properly authorised and processed.
- To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates.
- To ensure that vehicles are properly handed over to customers, including invoice explanation and advising future requirements.
- To take responsibility for sub contracted repairs and ensure the quality of such.
- To ensure that the authorisation of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturers program.
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping within both the front of house and back of house service areas and maintain a safe working environment.
Experience in an After Sales environment is vital and it is essential that candidates have experience working as a Service Advisor
Hours of Work: 08.00 – 18.00 Monday – Friday (one day per week 18.30 finish on a rota basis),
and weekend work on a rota basis will be required
Applicants will be expected to be immaculately attired as is befitting the Mercedes brand and must hold a full Driving Licence.