An opportunity has arisen to join us as a Service Team Manager at Mercedes Benz of Newbury. The Service Team Manager is responsible for every aspect of a customer’s after sales experience. The main purpose of the role is to maximise workshop profitability whilst exceeding customer expectations and satisfaction.
The successful applicant will actively sell after-sales services in a customer-oriented manner, ensuring the workshop is working to full capacity by effectively scheduling customer orders.
- To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the Retailer
- To hand over and receive back any loan vehicle according to the published procedure
- To supervise the flow of work into the workshop and liaise workshop control to meet customer requirements
- To ensure that collection and delivery drivers operate to schedule and meet customer and workshop expectations
- To ensure that repair orders are raised and processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule
- To ensure that requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards
- To ensure all customers vehicles are washed and vacuumed
- To ensure that invoicing is accurate and completed on time
- To ensure that job extensions are properly authorised and processed
- To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates
- To ensure that vehicles are properly handed over to customers, including invoice explanation and advising future requirements
- To take responsibility for sub contracted repairs and ensure the quality of such
- To ensure that the authorisation of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturers programme
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping within both the front of house and back of house service areas and maintain a safe working environment.
Experience in an After Sales environment is vital and it is essential that candidates have experience working as a Service Advisor.
Hours of work Monday – Friday between the hours of 08.00 – 18:30 with one-hour unpaid break. Working either 08.00 – 18.00 or 08.30 – 18.30, these hours will be worked on a monthly rota basis.
Saturdays – 08:00 – 14:00 on a rota basis, paid as extra hours.
Total 45 hours per week
Applicants will be expected to be immaculately attired as is befitting the Mercedes brand and must hold a full Driving Licence.