An opportunity has arisen to join us as a Service Team Manager at Mercedes-Benz of Poole. The Service Team Manager is responsible for every aspect of a customer’s after sales experience. The main purpose of the role is to maximise workshop profitability whilst exceeding customer expectations and satisfaction.
The successful applicant will actively sell after-sales services in a customer-oriented manner, ensuring the workshop is working to full capacity by effectively scheduling customer orders.
- To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the Retailer
- To work with the workshop team to achieve the highest possible levels of performance
- Keeping customers informed of the status of their vehicle, giving comprehensive technical and commercial advice on the extent of work to be done and, provide a cost estimate for repair work
- Inform customers and potential customers about accessories and subsequent fitting of optional extras, promote any accessory campaigns
- To ensure that collection and delivery drivers operate to schedule and meet customer and workshop expectations.
- To ensure all customer and vehicle data is correctly captured and loaded to the Kerridge DMS and updated as required
- To ensure that repair orders are raised and processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule and required standard
- To ensure that invoicing is accurate and completed on time
- To take responsibility for sub contracted repairs and ensure the work has been completed
- Ensure that proper use is made of technical information and that it is understood how to use the manufacturers systems
- To ensure all relevant warranty documentation and parts are identified and are kept for the warranty team.
Essential Skills Required:
- High levels of attention to detail and highly organised
- Background in a similar role within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of using Kerridge automotive computer system is essential
- Commitment to the achievement of Company goals and targets
- Experience of anticipating and understanding customer needs and demands
- Maths GSCE at grade 5 (C) or above
Experience in an aftersales environment is desired.
Applicants will be expected to be immaculately attired as is befitting the Mercedes-Benz brand and must hold a full Driving Licence.
Total hours per week: 45
Hours of work: 8:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday and Saturdays on a rota basis will be required.