An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Warranty Supervisor at Mercedes-Benz of Salisbury. The main purpose of this role is to assist in controlling the Warranty Function to ensure the Warranty Department performs to the required standard and the Groups warranty administration is managed accurately and in a timely manner in line with the Company’s policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering warranty claims, ensuring that all necessary documentation and parts for return are processed in line with the vehicle warranty procedures and that all Company policies and procedures applicable to Warranty are adhered to at all times. The Department Supervisor will also be required to carry out additional company administration and lead the current well-established team to perform to the best of their abilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, check and process claim information in line with manufacturer conditions.
- Receive all job cards with agreed warranty items and input all claims details i.e. labour item codes and parts numbers and produce warranty invoice and transmit to warranty provider, ensuring that all claims are transmitted successfully.
- Identify from warranty returns parts for return and those for disposal and inform parts department of action required. Record, supervise and control the systems for parts returns and inspections.
- Check any claims rejected and resubmit errors or investigate why rejected
- Return documentation for rejected warranty items for re-costing by service administration
- Investigate and query unsettled and short paid claims and assess their causes.
- Control the system for the receipt and recharging of specialist repairs.
- Participate in warranty audits as required
- Ensure that within area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to
- Generate performance reports and feedback relevant information to the wider Aftersales Team
- Perform the day-to-day HR functions to supervise a team of administrators including monitoring attendance, performance and identifying any training needs
- Monitoring and uploading payments from the Manufacturer and carrying out accounts functions
- Previous knowledge of Kerridge systems preferable but not essential.
- Vehicle motor trade experience in similar role
- Technical knowledge or previous Warranty Administration experience is a requirement
Key Skills/Attributes Required:
- High levels of attention to detail, ability to work in methodical manner, numeric and articulate
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:30 (30 minute unpaid lunch break)
45 hours per week