An opportunity has arisen to join us as a Workshop Controller at Mercedes-Benz of Salisbury. The main purpose of this role is to manage the process of optimising workshop resources to meet agreed departmental budgets and to control the flow of work through the workshop to maximise its utilisation and ensure that technicians are working efficiently.
- To calculate and manage the effective use of workshop resources.
- Monitor individual and workshop efficiencies to ensure key performance indicators are met.
- Plan the distribution of work amongst the team utilising available skills mix.
- Identify individual training and development needs.
- Manage liaison between workshop and service reception on customer vehicle progress.
- Manage workshop standards in accordance with company requirements.
- Resolve customer issues in line with MBUK standard and customer expectations.
- Receive job cards from service reception, pre-time each job and allocate work to technicians so as to maximise sold hours and monitor progress of job
- Obtain authorisation for any additional work required either through service reception or by direct contact with customer
- Ensure that all warranty items are identified for each job and that parts replaced are labelled, appropriate documentation completed and passed for action
- Receive job cards for completed jobs ensuring that work has been completed correctly; time completed jobs so that job costing can be completed, and ensuring all warranty items are highlighted and all associated documentation is completed.
- Arrange for customer to be informed that vehicle has been completed
- Ensure that the image and levels of customer service within the department is in line with Company standards
- Schedule all PDI and used car preparation to ensure that sales department requirements are met
- Ensure that all special tools and equipment are kept in good order and that repair requirements are notified to the service manager once discovered
- Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, and that any unresolved problems are referred to the job holders, immediate supervisor
- Ensure understanding and adherence to the requirements of the Brands service requirements and customer satisfaction indicators.
- Carry out the required volume of QC checks ensuring, company policy and workshop process are followed and quality standards met.
Hours if work: Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 17:30
Total 42.5 hours per week
Applicants must hold a full Driving Licence.
Closing date 01st July 2022