Live Chat with Us
An opportunity has arisen to join us as an Assistant Service Manager in Basingstoke. The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for every aspect of a customer’s after sales experience. The main purpose of the role is to supervise the team and dealing on a day to day basis with customers subject to the guidelines established by the Company.
Responsible for the supervision of the team and dealing on a day to day basis with customers subject to the guidelines established by the Company.
· To properly supervise the Service team and to develop and train subordinates to achieve the highest possible levels of performance.
· To monitor workshop loading and ensure continuity.
· To liaise effectively with the Booking Specialists and Parts Department.
· To ensure that customers and their vehicles are received in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the Retailer.
· To hand over and receive back any loan vehicle according to the published procedure.
· To ensure that collection and delivery drivers operate to schedule and meet customer and workshop expectations.
· To ensure that repair orders are raised and processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule.
· To ensure that requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards.
· To ensure that invoicing is accurate and completed on time.
· To ensure that job extensions are properly authorised and processed.
· To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates.
· To ensure that vehicles are properly handed over to customers, including invoice explanation and advising future requirements.
· To oversee sub contracted repairs and ensure the quality of such.
· Ensure that proper use is made of technical information and that it is maintained up to date.
· To ensure that the authorisation of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturers programme.
· To monitor and enforce time control of team members.
Experience in an After Sales environment is vital and it is essential that candidates have experience working as a Service Team Manager.
Applicants will be expected to be immaculately attired as is befitting the Mercedes brand and must hold a full Driving Licence. Monday to Friday 08.00 – 18.00 with one day a week 08.00 – 18.30 and weekend work on a rota basis will be required.
Closing Date 13th October 2017
Added: 09 April 2018
Mercedes-Benz of Basingstoke
30 April 2018