Live Chat with Us
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Mercedes Benz of Guildford in this challenging new role. Responsibilities for this role will be to assist the GSM and DP in developing a new car sales strategy for Guildford, focusing on capturing all available revenue streams. You will collaborate with the Used Car Manager to maximise site profitability. A key function will be to manage new car sales business, incorporating all the Company’s products and services and achieving optimal utilisation of the market, a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department in accordance with the Company management goals.
Co-ordinating and managing sales staff and representing Mercedes-Benz standards and Mercedes-Benz philosophy externally will be a key part of this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing the new car sales function and assuming control of new car sales. Duties involved are:
· To continually review the financial situation, examining all accounts, daily and weekly operating controls and dealer composite figures and franchise/industry KPI’s, taking corrective measures and actions as deemed necessary. Reconciliation of management accounts versus forecasts using Kerridge.
· In-depth knowledge of CESAR to optimise sales productivity.
· Management of branch demonstrators to satisfy customer requirements and optimise company financial opportunity/minimise exposure.
· Take steps to increase market penetration in new sales, in order to achieve budget.
· Plan, organise, direct, coach, lead and motivate the sales team taking steps to create a professional and customer focussed environment.
· Ensure the new vehicle range is presented professionally in line with Mercedes-Benz guidelines and represents the appropriate stock mix, competitively priced.
· Ensure Part exchange vehicles are traded-in professionally using the approved appraisal system.
· Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution at dealership level without escalation including the Mercedes Benz complaint management system.
· Ensure at all times Company risk is minimised.
· Minimise new vehicle stock holding costs and interest charges.
· Continually review vehicle debtors to ensure Company policy on vehicle debts is applied.
· Achieve Manufacturers set unit targets.
Develop an effective relationship with the Used Car Sales Manager to jointly deliver the site unit targets.
· To develop and maintain an effective relationship with the Business Managers and Group F&I Manager to deliver planned F&I penetration and income.
· Agreed sales targets are monitored with everyone involved on a regular reviewed basis and performance aligned.
The successful candidate will have significant relevant retail motor experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of success in a challenging and fast paced automotive sales environment in a management role. Candidates will need to have outstanding drive, ambition, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills and be immaculately attired. A full Driving Licence is essential as travel between sites will be required.
Closing date for applications 23rd February 2018
Added: 14 February 2018
Mercedes-Benz of Guildford
08 March 2018