Autonomous concept car smart vision EQ fortwo: Welcome to the future of car sharing
The smart vision EQ fortwo provides a new vision of urban mobility and individualised, highly flexible, totally efficient local public transport: the autonomous concept vehicle picks up its passengers directly from their chosen location.
Key features of the vehicle includes:
· A black panel grille on the front of the vehicle can be personalized so that the person who requested the vehicle knows it's his or her ride. The grill can also display whether or not the vehicle is occupied.
· The front radiator grill can also be used to communicate with pedestrians.
· There's are also projection surfaces on the side of the car where personalized information can also be displayed.
· The vehicle has scissor doors, which can also be used as displays to show information like weather, news, or local events.
· When the vehicle is not being used for rides, it will return to a charging station to power up.
· The vehicle is electric, powered by a 30 kWh lithium-ion battery.
· Inside the vehicle, a 24-inch screen takes the place of the dashboard. There are also two 4-inch screens, one on each side of the main screen. As you can see, Daimler has completely done away with pedals and a steering wheel.
· Functions inside the vehicle are controlled via voice or by a user's smartphone.
"The smart vision EQ fortwo is our vision of future urban mobility; it is the most radical car sharing concept car of all: fully autonomous, with maximum communication capabilities, friendly, comprehensively personalisable and, of course, electric," CEO Annette Winkler, said in a statement.
Daimler plans to show off a self-driving, electric Smart car concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show next month.